Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Abilene during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Abilene Air-Tech Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Abilene Air-Tech Inc at 325-200-4667 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.